Algolysis Ltd (www.algolysis.com) is a research, technology and innovation SME focusing on tackling real-life problems by devising state-of-the-art algorithmic solutions. A recent entrant in Cyprus’ and EU innovation ecosystem, Algolysis is currently designing and implementing fault-tolerant distributed systems for data acquisition, analysis and visualization.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Researcher in Machine Learning (R2/R3) who will lead the development of reinforcement learning methodologies for failure prediction on storage devices monitored by our flagship DriveNest (www.drivenest.com) platform. DriveNest is a sophisticated, platform for monitoring hundreds of thousands of computer storage devices aiming to prevent data losses by utilizing crowd-sourced device metrics for early failure detection.
The successful candidate will devise sophisticated predictive models, using Reinforcement and/or Deep Learning, to accurately identify soon-to-fail storage devices. The activities to be carried out will cover all the stages of the ML learning lifecycle, i.e. specifying the challenge, data preparation, (multi) model specification, training and evaluation, and an experimental accuracy evaluation over unknown data.
This is a 12-month, Full-time position with a competitive salary and a relocation package supported through the competitive European SME Innovation Associate programme (INNOSUP-02-2019-2020). Subject to performance during the 12-month contract, Algolysis may offer a long-term employment to the successful candidate.
The selected candidate is expected to fit the following profile:
- Experienced researcher (R2/R3) specializing in Machine Learning
- Experience in Deep and/or Reinforcement Learning, predictive analytics or anomaly detection
- Innovative thinker and good communicator
- A team player with the desire to teach others and learn from others
- Aspiration to gain business skills and innovate in the industry
Skills & Qualifications
The candidate must possess the following skills and qualifications:
- PhD in Computer Science with specialization in Machine Learning
- Experience on designing and developing predictive ML models
- Experience with software development in Python (or similar)
- Experience with Machine Learning libraries and toolkits (scikit-learn, tensorflow, etc.)
- Strong technical writing skills and experience with research funding applications
The employment package comes with the following benefits:
- Competitive salary.
- 20 days of paid vacation.
- A relocation package for the researcher and his/her immediate family to Cyprus (if applicable).
- Access to an EU-organized training sessions for the researcher on innovation and entrepreneurship.
- A tailored training program on topics the company excels in, as well as access to courses for Machine Learning.
- Get to work closely with experienced researchers in fields orthogonal to machine learning with the potential to develop competitive proposals in the upcoming European and National funding calls.
- Get to work in the Cypriot sunny weather with a team of tech enthusiasts.
Applicants must comply with the transnational mobility criteria as defined in the mobility rule of the Marie Skłodowska Curie Actions (MSCA) and thus must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Cyprus for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before appointment under the project.
Expected Start Date
1st of September 2020 or 1st of October 2020 based on successful candidate’s availability.
Type of Contract
Full time (equivalent of 40 hours a week)
To apply send your CV, a list of references, and a cover letter emphasizing the qualifications that make you a good fit for this position, at email@example.com until 14th of August 2020
Include in the subject reference code: 2dcc04f8
The candidate selection process will begin immediately after the above deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.