Algolysis Ltd (www.algolysis.com) is a research, technology and innovation SME seeking to recruit an experienced Researcher/Engineer in Machine Learning who will lead the development of reinforcement learning methodologies for predicting soon-to-fail storage devices from a large pool of crowd-sourced collected metrics.
The successful candidate will devise sophisticated predictive models, using Reinforcement and/or Deep Learning. The activities to be carried out will cover all the stages of the ML learning lifecycle, i.e. specifying the challenge, data preparation, (multi) model specification, training and evaluation, and an experimental accuracy evaluation over unknown data.
This is a 12-month, Full-time position with a competitive salary and a relocation package supported through the competitive European SME Innovation Associate programme (INNOSUP-02-2019-2020). Subject to performance during the 12-month contract, Algolysis may offer long-term employment to the successful candidate.
The selected candidate is expected to fit the following profile:
- Experienced researcher/engineer specializing in Machine Learning
- Experience in Deep and/or Reinforcement Learning, predictive analytics or anomaly detection
- A team player with the desire to teach others and learn from others
- Aspiration to gain business skills and innovate in the industry
- Innovative thinker and good communicator
Skills & Qualifications
The candidate must possess the following skills and qualifications:
- PhD or Master’s degree with demonstrable expertise in Machine Learning/Deep Learning
- Experience on designing and developing predictive ML models
- Experience with software development in Python (or similar)
- Experience with Machine Learning libraries and toolkits (scikit-learn, tensorflow, etc.)
- Strong technical writing skills and experience with research funding applications
The employment package comes with the following benefits:
- Competitive salary, depending on qualifications. (Monthly gross 3000-3500 euro)
- 20 days of paid vacation.
- A relocation package for the researcher and his/her immediate family to Cyprus (if applicable).
- Access to an EU-organized training sessions for the researcher on innovation and entrepreneurship.
- A tailored training program on topics the company excels in, as well as access to courses for Machine Learning.
- Get to work closely with experienced researchers in fields orthogonal to machine learning with the potential to develop competitive proposals in the upcoming European and National funding calls.
- Get to work in the Cypriot sunny weather with a team of tech enthusiasts.
Applicants must comply with the transnational mobility criteria as defined in the mobility rule of the Marie Skłodowska Curie Actions (MSCA) and thus must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Cyprus for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before appointment under the project.
Candidates should be EU Nationals or possess a work permit for Cyprus or the EU.
Expected Start Date
Type of Contract
Full time (equivalent of 40 hours a week)
To apply fill in the form at https://www.algolysis.com/position/researcher-engineer-in-machine-learning-ref-2dcc04f8/ or send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no application deadline, as we are actively recruiting and will fill the position once a suitable candidate is identified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.